By The Reflector
Clark County’s Master Composter Recycler program has scheduled a series of free composting webinars this fall.
Pre-registration is required for all webinars, stated a news release.
Below is a list of upcoming webinars:
- Backyard composting: 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 13. Learn how to construct a compost pile and heat it up.
- Worm bin composting: 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 20. Learn how to construct and maintain a worm bin that will turn kitchen trimmings into nutrient-rich fertilizer. Participants will be eligible to receive a worm bin, although supplies are limited.
- Lasagna garden composting: 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 27. Learn how to grow, build and plant a raised bed garden from free, easily obtainable urban waste. No tilling or turning required.
- Green cleaning: 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 3. Learn how to make three versatile and environmentally friendly household cleaners. Participants will be eligible to receive a green cleaning kit, although supplies are limited.
- Recycling done right: 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 10. Become an expert recycler. Learn what items can go in blue recycling carts and what should stay out.
- Prevent food waste in the first place: 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 17. Learn tips for preventing and reducing food spoilage and waste.
To register for the webinars, go online to clarkcountycomposts.org/current-offerings. Participants will receive a confirmation email after they register. Recordings of previous webinars are also available on the Master Composter Recycler website.
The Master Composter Recycler program educates the community about ways to reduce waste, increase recycling and create healthier homes, stated the release.
For more information on the program, visit the website, call 564-397-7333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here