As a concerned citizen of Washington’s 3rd Congressional District, I am writing to express my strong support for Congresswoman Marie Gluesenkamp Perez and her stand for the middle and lower classes.
Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez is a breath of fresh air in Washington, D.C. She is a working-class mom who understands the struggles that her constituents face. She is a small-business owner who knows what it takes to make a living in today’s economy. And she is a fighter who is not afraid to stand up to the special interests that are trying to rig the system against us.
Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez has been a strong advocate for policies that will help the middle and lower classes, including:
• Raising the minimum wage
• Expanding access to affordable healthcare
• Investing in education and workforce training
• Protecting our environment
She has also been a vocal critic of the special interests that are trying to buy influence in Washington, D.C. She has refused to take corporate PAC money, and she has stood up to the insurance companies, the pharmaceutical companies and the oil and gas companies.
Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez is a true champion of the middle and lower classes. She is the kind of leader that we need in Washington, D.C.
I urge all voters in Washington’s 3rd Congressional District to support Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez in the upcoming election. She is the best candidate to fight for our interests and make sure that Washington is a place where everyone has the opportunity to succeed.
Here are some specific examples of how Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez has stood up for the middle and lower classes:
• She co-sponsored the Raise the Wage Act, which would raise the federal minimum wage to $15 per hour.
• She voted for the American Rescue Plan Act, which provided billions of dollars in relief to Americans struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• She supported the Build Back Better Act, which would have made historic investments in education, childcare and clean energy.
• She fought to protect the Affordable Care Act, which has expanded health insurance coverage to millions of Americans.
• She stood up to the oil and gas companies by opposing their efforts to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
Congresswoman Gluesenkamp Perez is a true progressive leader who is fighting for the people of Washington. She is the kind of leader who we need to make our country a place where everyone can thrive. She has my vote.
Scott Douglas Tennant
Trump challenged election results many times
On election night 2012, when President Obama was reelected, Donald Trump stated the election was a “total sham” and a “travesty.” Trump called for the American people to “fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice” because the world is laughing at us, a black man was reelected president. Sound familiar? Trump first challenged election results in 2012, and continued to do so in 2016, as he did in 2020. Trump had been “priming” the pump of election fraud and “fighting like hello” long before 2020. The man has been planting the seeds of distrust well in advance of the 2020 election and polluting the minds of many trusting Americans about election fraud. I recall Trump making the “fight like hell” statement on Jan. 6 just before all hell broke loose! I suggest Mr. Nelson do more research.